The Rise Program is still accepting new students before we start on October 7th. For more info and to apply visit: https://www.caltechy.org/rise-student
About the Rise Program
The Rise Program is a math and science-focused tutoring program. The tutoring takes place on the Caltech campus Monday-Thursday from 4pm-6pm. Students attend 2 days a week. The tutoring is provided by Caltech undergraduate and graduate students. The program is designed to help students gain greater competency in math foundations, improve skills in math and science and prepare students for college-level math and science.
The tutoring is set up in small groups (average ratio of 1 tutor: 2 students) and students are matched with tutors based on student courses and tutor preferences. A typical session can range from homework help or studying for a class test to preparing for the math portion of the SAT or ACT.
- Be a student between the 8th grade and 12th grade
- Be enrolled in a public school (including charter schools) within a 10-mile radius of the California Institute of Technology (or a reasonable driving distance to be on time). Priority is given to PUSD Students.
- Be receiving a C+ or lower in math and/or science or experiencing steadily declining grades in math and/or science.
- Have an overall GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Be a student with a commitment to working hard, completing homework and “doing whatever it takes” to be a better student in math and science and a successful college student.
The Rise Program costs $215 for the year ($15 application fee, $200 participation fee). Students receiving free or reduced lunch can apply for a scholarship. To apply for a scholarships submit the following:
- Scholarship application (https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/7d7a66_4fb081e73e424df082ad149d78e78fe5.pdf)
- Copy of Meal Eligibility Letter for the 2019-20 academic year
For more info and to apply visit: https://www.caltechy.org/rise-student
Special Opportunity for Muir Families!
The tutoring takes place on Muir High School Monday and Wednesday from 3:30pm-5pm. The tutoring is provided by Caltech undergraduate and graduate students.